Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: Second Quarter begins Tuesday, December 3; (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Saturday-Monday: Moon in the sign of Pisces/Aquarius -
- Enjoy family and friends.
Later in the Week
- Wednesday/Thursday: Moon in the sign of Pisces - Plant seasonal color
- Cyclamen, Pansies, Violas, Ornamental Cabbage, and Kale are available for planting during the holiday season.
Other Things To-do
- Older clumps of Bearded Iris should be fertilized with 0-10-10 to replace the depleted Phosphorus. The lack of Phosphorus is a significant reason for declining flowers.