Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: 4th Quarter Begins On Monday, December 4
- Saturday-Sunday: Moon in the sign of Leo -
- Once you get your Christmas Tree home make a fresh cut by removing at least an inch of the trunk. This is recommended even if the tree was standing in water on the tree lot. A tree will reseal itself within 2-3 hours so get the tree in a water stand ASAP.
Later in the Week
- Wednesday and Thursday: Moon in the sign of Libra - Force bulbs
- The Paper White Narcissus is a perfect bulb for growing indoors in shallow dishes or containers. All you have to do is cover the bottom of the container with rock, nestle the bulbs next to one another and add water up the bottom of the bulb. I would put them in a bright window, check them daily for water and then watch them sprout and flower.
Other Things To-do
- And finally, rain gauges can be set out now so you can tell it's going to be an El Nino or La Nina winter.