Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: Thanksgiving Weekend: Saturday, November 25. First Frost Date: November 27 Full Moon,
- Saturday-Sunday: Moon in the sign of Taurus -
- Enjoy family and friends.
- Bring out the Fa-La- La -La's
Later in the Week
- Tuesday and Thursday: Moon in the sign of Cancer: Plant tubers, fertilize
- Older clumps of Bearded Iris should be fertilized with 0-10-10 to replace the depleted Phosphorus. The lack of Phosphorus is a major reason for the decline of flowers in the center of the clumps.
Other Things To-do
- You should continue removing the fallen leaves and other debris from turf and ground cover areas. If left for any extended period, the plants underneath the layer will die from the lack of sunlight.