Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Saturday-Monday: Moon in the sign of Taurus - Plant Seasonal color
- It's not too early to start thinking about summer flowering bulbs. Gladiolus, Cannas, Dahlias, Lilies, Hostas, and Tuberous Begonias are just a few of the many summer flowering bulbs available. A complete selection is now available at your favorite garden center.
Later in the Week
- After pruning rose bushes, be sure to loosen the metal nametag. All too often gardeners overlook this point. If left untouched, the nametag wire will girdle the expanding rose cane causing it to die.
Other Things To-do
- And finally, you should trim off last year’s growth on Chrysanthemum plants when the new shoots are visible at the base of the plant(s).
- Wine and table grape vines provide excellent cover for arbors and other structures and are now available. In addition, grapevines can't beat for fall color,