Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: Halloween Tuesday, October 31, Full Moon on Friday, November 2
- Saturday-Sunday: Moon in the sign of Aquarius/Pisces - Plant seasonal color
- Orange and purple Violas are available for Halloween. They can be planted inside a pumpkin as well as in any other container.
- After carving a pumpkin, coat the inside of the cavity with Vaseline to prevent it from collapsing early.
Later in the Week
- Grass lawns fertilized late in the fall stays green all winter long and crowds out the early sprouting weeds.
Other Things To-do
- With the leaves falling, it is time to clean out your gutters of all the debris that has gathered. You might look to install gutter screens as this will keep them clean and clear all year long.
- And finally, it is not too late to plant bulbs. Actually, it one of the better times of the year to do so as the ground is still warm from the summer heat.