Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
Later in the Week
- Wednesday/Thursday: Moon in the sign of Taurus - Plant, and transplant for root growth,
- During the summer and fall, alway water your plants before they are transplanted. They best watered the night before of a couple on hours before they go into the ground.
Other Things To-do
- If your lawn has brown patches, take a sample(s) of the problems to the nursery professional at your favorite garden center. Fungus, insects, cultural practices or dogs can cause the brown patches
- August is the last month to water Peaches, Nectarines, Cherries, Apricots and Plums. They are best watered with a deep root irrigator like the Ross Root Feeder. Root irrigators are water-wise/efficient by limiting water runoff.
- The fall and winter vegetables like Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, and Swiss Chard are started from seed. You'll be able to plant the seedlings in the open ground in October.