Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: 4th Quarter begins on Thursday, November 29
- Saturday-Sunday: Moon in the sign of Gemini - Harvest weed, cultivate and control pests
Later in the Week
- Monday/Thursday: Moon in the sign of Cancer/Leo - Harvest weed, cultivate, control pests, plant for root growth and divide perennials
- Green tomatoes can be ripened off the vine in a simple ripening chamber. The tomatoes are placed in a box with a lid, and the naturally occurring ethylene gas turns them red.
Other Things To-do
- A late fall application of Copper Sulphate is very important in controlling Peach Leaf Curl and 'Shot-Hole' Fungus on Peaches, Nectarines, and Plums.