Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22
- Saturday-Sunday: Moon in the sign of Pisces - Plant Seasonal color
- Flowering Cabbage and Kale are now available for planting. Besides their color, they’re edible and make an excellent garnish or a colorful addition to salads. The first leaves to pick are the ones at the bottom of the whole plant
Later in the Week
- With Plums, Peaches, and Nectarines, a fall application of Copper Sulphate is very important in controlling Peach Leaf Curl and 'Shot-Hole' Fungus. It is applied when 50% of the leaves have fallen off the trees.
Other Things To-do
- With the beginning of the rainy season, we should knock down any of the watering basins around trees and shrubs. The water should flow away from the crown of the plant as quickly as possible.
- And finally, with the days getting shorter, it’s time to lower the height on your lawn mower.