Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
- Lunar Phase: Sunday, December 21 Winter Solstice and beginning of Hanukkah and Wednesday is Christmas
- Saturday-Monday: Moon in the sign of Scorpio -Compost, and fertilize
- Yuletide Camellia is an upright single red variety with yellow stamens and is quietly becoming a holiday favorite. They can be placed on balconies, patios, and decks. When you add a string of holiday lights, they twinkle all season long.
- Enjoy family and Friends. Happy Hanukkah
Later in the Week
- Enjoy family and Friends. Merry Christmas
Other Things To-do
- During the winter months, Mother Nature's bounty is not so bountiful, so don't forget our feathered friends by keeping bird feeders full, placing Bird Bells around, and putting out treats like Suet Dough feeders.
- And finally, water containers under the eves of the house or a patio cover every three weeks.