Gardening by the Moon Weekend To-Do
An idea as old as agriculture, based both folklore and superstition but there are scientific ideas to back it up.
Later in the Week
- Monday/Tuesday: Moon in the sign of Scorpio - Plant seasonal color
- Continue baiting for Snails and Slugs, they‘re still active and especially damaging to new transplant and seedlings
Other Things To-do
- To get Lilacs to bloom next spring, you should stop watering them now. The water stress plus whatever winter cold we receive usually forces Lilacs to produce spring flowers.
- This is the last month to feed Azaleas, Camellias, and Rhododendrons with the Azalea, Camellia, and Rhododendron Fertilizer. During the winter months, shade plants are fed 0-10-10, the winter fertilizer.
- And finally when planting fall bulbs always plant in groups or clusters, rather than in a straight row. A straight line of flowers isn't very dramatic when they bloom and do not forget to add Bulb Food under each bulb.